Lots of folks wonder if gambling a sin? Even though there might not be from what we learn in Scripture, a cut verse I believe says it’s a sin and all Christians should stay away from it. It’s terrible to see that gaming is being brought by some churches in God’s home. The Lord isn’t pleased.
Men and women will say the Bible does not specifically say you can not do it. The Bible does not specifically say you can not do a great deal of things that we know as sin.
Just like Satan deceived Eve he will deceive many by stating, although men and women find any excuse they could give for what’s wrong, did God really say you can not do that?
Betting is of the Earth, it’s extremely addicting, and it’ll cause you harm.
Gambling is loving something that’s part of this world that is cruel, not only can it be dangerous back in the days where many killed for their money and were being plotted . Gambling is addictive, you can go to a casino thinking I’m going to spend this much, then leave with no vehicle. For some people it is that bad and it may get even worse.
I have heard stories about people losing their lives because of owing money and people losing their lives. Individuals have lost children, spouses, and their homes . It does not matter, although you may say that I do not bet much. It is sin, if it’s little fun gaming and it shouldn’t be done. Always bear in mind that overtime develops. Your heart becomes your needs become more greedy, and it’ll turn into something which you never saw coming.
- 1 Corinthians 6:12 “I have the right to do anything,” you say–but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”–but I will not be mastered by anything.
- 2 Peter 2:19 They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity–for “people are slaves to whatever has mastered them.”
- 1 Timothy 6:9-10 individuals who wish to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all types of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
- Romans 12:2 Don’t conform to the pattern of the world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. You will have the ability to test and approve what God’s will is his will.
- Proverbs 15:27 The covetous bring ruin to their families, but will live.
Betting leads to more sin.
Does gaming lead to deeper and deeper covetousness, but it contributes to different kinds of sin. When you purchase popcorn and go to the movie theater they make it buttery so that you will buy their drinks. They promote alcohol, when you visit casinos. You’ll be attempting to kick back and spend more money when you aren’t sober. Men and women that are addicted to gaming are living in drunkenness. Prostitutes are near casinos. They and they entice men who look like rollers and men that are down on their luck, respectively. It’s not a surprise that casinos promote girls and sensuality.
- James 1:14-15 but each man is tempted when they enticed and are hauled off by their own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and brings forth death.
Scripture teaches that we want to be on guard against covetousness.
- Exodus 20:17 Don’t covet your neighbor’s house. Don’t covet.
- Ephesians 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you.
- Luke 12:15 Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life doesn’t include an abundance of possessions.”
As Christians we are to fix our attitudes on money.
- Never has sufficient. This too is meaningless.
- Luke 16:13 “No one can serve two masters. You will hate the one and love the other, or you’ll be dedicated to the one and despise the other. You can’t serve both God and money.”
What’s your eye gazing upon?
Your odds of winning the lottery is one in 175 million. That means that have dreams of wealth and somebody has to be greedy to try and play the lottery. You need to pay for a growing number of tickets because of your greed and your pockets because of your covetousness are draining.
Money throw away. Shed money that could have been used for paying bills or about the people. God’s cash is being wasted by it .
- Your eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body also is full of light. But when they’re unhealthy, your body also is full of darkness. See to it that the light within you isn’t darkness.
- Proverbs 28:22 Greedy men and women attempt to get rich quick but do not realize they are headed for poverty.
- Proverbs 21:5 The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage, But everyone who is hasty comes surely to poverty.
- A man who wants riches will get into trouble, although proverbs 28:20 The person will find a reward.
We’re to be hard workers.
The Bible instructs us be worried about others and to work hard. Betting teaches us to do the reverse. In actuality, lots of the men and women who play the lottery and the lottery are poor. Gambling destroys something which God meant for good. You need to see that the devil is currently using it to destroy the base of work.
- Ephesians 4:28 Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so he could have something to share with anybody in need.
- Acts 20:35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.
- Proverbs 10:4 Lazy men and women are poor.
- Will have abundant food.
Gambling is providing the appearance of evil.
What would you think you watched your warrior cash in dice and 1 hand in a different and if you went in a casino? That picture would not seem right would it? Now envision yourself doing the same thing. Society does not look at gaming. The industry is a world. Google treats sites like porn sites. Gambling websites have a good deal of viruses.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
Many churches need to turn God’s house into a place to play bingo and other gaming activities, which is incorrect. God’s house isn’t a place. It’s a place.
- John 2:14-16 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. He made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle. To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Quit turning my Father’s house into a market!”
Gambling isn’t trusting in the Lord.
Among the issues of betting is away from trusting in the Lord it takes. God says I will provide for your requirements. Satan says roll the dice there could be a possibility that you win and become rich. You find the issue. When you trust in God nothing is by chance. God provides for our needs and God gets all of the glory. Betting is currently revealing that you do trust in the Lord.
- Isaiah since the rest have forgotten his Temple and of you have forsaken the LORD, and since you’ve prepared feasts to honor the god of Fate and have offered wine.
- Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
- Proverbs 3:7 Do not be impressed with your own wisdom. Fear the LORD and turn away from evil.
- Proverbs 23:4 Don’t wear yourself out to get rich.
You have a higher likelihood of being struck by lighting than winning the lottery. Gambling isn’t made to win. If I did win, it is made for you to dream about what. Gambling fails in its effort to give people hope because folks spend thousands of dollars for nothing. Take a thousand dollars and toss it. You will lose more than you gain, when you have greed. Gambling is bad for your wellbeing as noticed above and it violates Scriptures. Search trust and work .